HUNTING SEASON IS NOW OPEN - PREDATOR (2018) TRAILER

Let me tell you about the scariest movie I ever watched...It involved a big, (very, very, very) ugly, luminous green blooded monster who could turn invisible and carve your insides out before you even knew it was there (stuff of nightmares I know), and after watching it, I was afraid to live in my own home. This thing had infiltrated my mind so much I couldn't get up to pee at night, but in my defense, I was too young to have seen it (now we know why film age restrictions exist right?) and definitely should not have. That didn't stop me from seeing the next sequel though (still underage) and subsequent releases (I was a man now, and had learned to embrace the gore). If the title hasn't given it away already, the movie was Predator (1987) and the monster? None other than the ultimate extra terrestrial extreme sport hunter - The Predator. Needless to say, The Predator has become one of my favourite sci-fi characters and I've shamelessly seen everything that had Predator in it, yes, even the largely berated Aliens v Predators (AVP) series which I considered 'fair'. So it is with great pleasure that I bring the trailer for Predator (2018) to you. It looks really great and the ominous theme gives me goosebumps (who/what the fuck is that giant Predator!?). I can't wait to see what unfolds in this ambitious sequel, hopefully it lives up to the imagination.
  
From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

From a story-point of view it sounds like a mashup between the original series and AVP: requiem, but its too early to judge. Release date for predator is September 14, 2018.

Anticipation level:

Comments